2014/07/10

Cutting the crap!

Cutting the crap! (aka gardening)
I've made room for nice things next to the house.


My garden looks like something the municipality planned, organised and blatantly ditched. It looks like the green areas you'd find outside a state owned hospital, school, park or perhaps even outside an extremely boring town hall. I have lots and lots of overgrown pink Spiraea crushing absolutely everything in its way (I found suffocated lavender underneath one of the bushes I removed today), there are two trees on my rather small plot of land, I have one hedge with bush cinquefoil and a large splotch of plantain lilies eating a large, flighty bit of a flowerbed.

I really didn't feel like doing gardening today, it was 33 degrees, but those Spiraea had to go. They just had to. I can't express just how much I dislike them. So off I went, starting to cut all the twigs and branches so that it will be easier to dig it up. The sooner I clear the flowerbeds the sooner I can plant my lovely roses, the catnip, lamb's ears, more lilacs, violets and rose acacia (spread over two different flowerbeds of course)

I'm not very good at gardening, I just like things - so in order to make this garden right I've asked my sister for advice and my mother likewise. My lovely gardener friend also gave me some brilliant hints when I told him my plans. He must have the coolest job ever! - and I'm really impressed with the knowledge he has about things I've never even heard of :)

Anyway, as soon as the weather cools down, I'm going to make my garden pretty. It will be easy to maintain (I hope) and not so common-area-esque!


Schmoosie getting ready to plant the roses

No comments:

Post a Comment