2014/07/04

The full breakfast


Today I came across some questions and answers, in which a celebrity I've never heard of was responding to lots of things... One thing being what his favourite breakfast is, to which he replies "Full English".

That does puzzle me.

A full breakfast. What does it mean? How come I've never been offered a half English or Irish breakfast (or even heard of it)?
I know what would be included in mentioned breakfasts but why would you call it full? In my head all breakfasts are full. Apart from maybe that pathetic cup of strawberry yoghurt I call breakfast when I'm too tired to eat properly before going to work :P

I asked around and my dear friend Stephen kindly explained to me that it's to do with the amount of food served.

Full Irish breakfast would be:
2 sausages
2 rashers (thick bacon)
1-2 eggs
The Two Puddings (white and black)
Beans/fried potato/mushroom
Tae and toast

The half breakfast would be exactly the same but lesser of it:
1 sausage
1 rasher
1 egg
The Two Puddings
Maybe some mushroom/beans
Tae and toast

So thanks to him I finally got the hang of it - thanks, Shane! :)
Though I'm still not sure why you'd divide it like that because I have never seen half a breakfast being offered on a menu... or if someone asks you your favourite breakfast maybe responding English/Irish breakfast (without the "full") would do?

I may need to have such breakfasts more often in order to make perfect sense out of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment