2014/08/14

Craving creativity

For some reason I don't write anymore. I'm not even sure I miss it.
Don't get me wrong, I love living inside my head and imagine what people do and tell their stories through carefully thought out words. I could be anything I want. But sometimes stories just run out, or in my case; all my stories seem too much alike (at least to me they do)

The problem is that I haven't started up a replacement yet, so I've spent too much time playing stupid video games - yes, they are stupid if you'd rather do something else with your time ;)
Upon thinking about it this morning I realised I want to do something crafty. If I was any good with drawing that would be perfect, but I am not. I want to create something with my hands, like hats or mending old watches, but since I have no clue about watches or hats I decided to start off with something I do know; sewing.

I have no idea where I've placed my old sewing patterns, but then again how fun is it to do the things you've already done a couple of times? So I decided to buy a few more patterns online, just to get my imagination going and that feel-good-feeling you get when you're about to embark on something brand new and exciting. I bought 2 dresses, 1 blouse and 1 hat pattern. I can't wait until they show up in my letterbox :)

Meanwhile, I decided to have a look for some fabric. I love quirky fabric, despite wanting to be classy and elegant. I REALLY love this fabric:



It would be the coolest dress or skirt ever!! :)
My mister isn't as thrilled by it though, so when I buy it (I will anyway, because I love love love it!) it will most likely end up as pillow cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment