2014/07/08

Haircuts and watches

Today I had a haircut! :)
I always look forward to having my hair fixed by the only hairdresser I'll ever let near me. She knows precisely how I want it and she makes an effort not to get water in my ears when she does the shampooing as she knows how ticklish I am. I feel very pampered.

I also went impulse shopping after I left work for the day. Besides getting my hair done I had made plans to eat lunch somewhere nice, despite being on my own. The tricky part in all of this was keeping track of time. You see when I went to work this morning I was in such a hurry that I forgot my phone at home. I don't wear a watch to work because I really like my watch and don't want it wrecked there; so my only way of knowing the time is through the phone. This caused me to decide that I totally need to get a watch for work. Just a cheap one to wear and tear.

Said and done, after the delicious Asian lunch buffee I went to a shop and found an awful lot of watches on sale. I noted how most watches have really big hourplates and that would not suit with my puny wrist. I asked a shop assistant to come help me so that I could try some on. I found a lovely plain one, very wearable. I tried it but thought (immediately a bit bored with it) that I already have a wearable one at home which I like even better - so I asked her if the Hello Kitty watches would fit me.

We found one. It's soft pink and has a Hello Kitty-face on the hourplate. It is subtle, but I know what it is :) It's a Hello Kitty watch!
The shop assistant then informed me that there'd be a musicbox included in the price. A pink one with a twirling Kitty......

Needless to say, I bought it there and then - and will happily wear the watch to work in the morning.


2 comments:

  1. Love the musicbox :D (and the watch :P)
    WC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the musicbox is brilliant! I'm glad you like it :)
    My colleagues chuckled at my watch today and I beam with pride when I show it off - so mission accomplished!


    Although.... I forgot to mention to them how it came with a musicbox. Next time I definitely will, that's like half the cool! :D

    ReplyDelete