2014/06/11

Be kind!

It's funny how some nice things stick with you forever.
I know bad things stick as well. I, like many other people, have a hard time letting go of badness and meanies you'd come across from time to time. But really, isn't it just swell to forget about all that and focus on things that make your days golden instead? Simple things, like the right word at the right time, a smile when you needed it the most or treasured friendship :)

I deal with a big meanie on a daily basis, I even shed a tear because of it the other day. But what I find - and this is quite intriguing - is that it doesn't matter so much. I'm sad for maybe half an hour tops, but the truly good times I remember with sweet friends or wonderful new aquaintances last for much longer than half an hour.
For instance, a couple of years ago, I went to a wedding. I got myself dolled up (I LOVE being stylish!) but ended up feeling quite miserable due to many different things, however what I remember to this day is that a young woman came up to me, solely to let me know she thought I was very beautiful. To this day I have no idea who she is! I wish I could tell her how she made my day back then and how that one, short coversation is still making my days.

It meant a lot coming from a complete stranger and a woman at that. Women aren't very good at giving each other compliments, at least not in my experience, and that's why this mattered so much.

This occasion made me decide to spread the love and share compliments where ever I find them :)
... Sure, most people think I'm insane - but I don't care :D

No comments:

Post a Comment