2014/06/01

Working vs Being off

It's Sunday again and after being off since last Thursday I'm dreading going back to work!
It puzzles me a little because I really like my job and I love all of my colleagues (with one mutual exception). I love having coffee with everyone and listening to stories from back in the day and I enjoy solving what ever new problem will come my way. Yet, as it feels right now, I'd rather stay at home forever (if only I could get paid for hanging about) :)

Is that the long-weekend-lazy talking? Or would you feel the same about your job?

I suppose, upon thinking some more about it, I reckon the thing I dislike the most is getting up early in the morning. Everything kinda sucks until I get in the car and start driving. Once I arrive I jump into my uniform, run up the stairs (.... or probably dragging my feet a little - there's an awful lot of stairs) and happily greet everyone I meet on my way to my office. Maybe there'd still be a tired yawn or two  before I get my 9 'o clock coffee, but generally I'm pretty happy out.

In an ideal world, I guess one should be allowed to show up and go home when ever it pleases and all the chores magically done in that space of time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment