2014/06/09

Little patriot me





I'm quite the patriot :)

It dawned on me a few days ago, although it's not precisely news. For me, it's a little confusing as well because I'm not patriotic when it comes to only one country. I have two.

I am Swedish but for some reason I've always felt very connected to Ireland (at least since I was 12 years old), and the more I learn the more Irish I feel. Sometimes I'm convinced that, in a former life, I must've been fighting in the Easter Rising! :D .... Needless to say, I feel very strongly about the country :)
I would never want to dismiss my Swedishness though. When I did my army training I was so proud to carry the Yellow and Blue on my uniform. It was the idea of protecting my country and her citizens that made me join in the first place, and I think to a certain degree you'd have to be patriotic to choose such a career. Otherwise there'd be no meaning to it.

But I don't think I could ever choose between the two. Luckily I don't have to! I get to enjoy the best of both :)

Are you proud of where you're from as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment