2014/06/17

Mr Chuckles

I felt the need to write this post because every time I open my mouth to talk about my everyday life “Mr Chuckles this and Mr Chuckles that” pops out and I can’t help it. I’m really proud of him :)

The things I’d mention vary, but as I was asked about my plans for the upcoming Swedish holiday I told my bosses about his Midsummer traditions :)

Mr Chuckles is a fussy eater, but every Midsummer the brave man gulps a small piece of pickled herring and washes it down with vodka (as we do in Sweden). It looks absolutely horrible and I suffer with him every year, but he has no plans of stopping as far as I can tell. It’s tradition, he says.

As opportunities arise, we do all sorts of random. Yesterday we bought an old moped, last year we got a cat, whenever the big band has a gig we’re there dancing, sometimes we go to the playground to play on the swings, we know most pizza bakers and café owners in town and sometimes when I’m upset Mr Chuckles takes me to see the ponies on the outskirts of town.

He also teaches me things, especially things about Ireland (political, cultural, linguistic, random) and technology. The latter is an interest of his; the former is mainly because I ask too many questions :)

I love listening to his techy stuff, though I’m not sure if he knows that. Admittedly, it’s too nerdy for me to grasp fully at times, but it’s intriguing me all the same.

Of course we have our ups and downs just like any other couple. Despite being quite alike, we are also each other’s polar opposites. I can be terribly disgruntled, annoyed or overly emotional … but at the end of the day there’s no one else I’d rather be with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment